Thursday, January 29, 2009

The Driving Range

so, i've started learning how to golf, and i must say, it doesn't scare me as much as it used to. it's a whole different world when you have someone actually teaching you how to play and not yelling at you about how not to play. i now have my own shoes (they're so cute!), my own glove (it has a ball marker) and some clubs that are on loan from a friend. i even bought some stupid girly balls for when i play my first game, months and months from now. last night was my 2nd "official" night at the range, and while i was quite nervous at first (even after 3 shots of sake), i did pretty well. with so much to remember every time you swing the club (bend your knees, stand over the ball, keep your head down, left arm straight, right arm tucked, rotate your shoulders, bring the club back slow, right knee locked, don't twist your wrists, follow through, don't try and watch where the ball goes, breathe...), it's a wonder that i was able to hit almost every single ball from that bucket. it took me a while (about an hour - lol), but with the exception of about 10 or 15 balls, it was all me. not without instruction, of course, but i actually made contact with the ball more than a dozen times. a couple times out to 75-yards and once (with a 7 iron) to about 90-yards. i'm nowhere near ready to go to the driving range on my own, nor am i ready to step foot on an actual course (unless i'm caddying for someone, i guess), but with time and practice, i hope to play my first game by the end of summer.

i'll keep you posted.
g.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments:

Post a Comment